Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- RADIOLOGY DIAGNOSTIC REQ #73200
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Performs routine radiological procedures.
· Applies the necessary technical judgment to obtain studies of an acceptable diagnostic quality according to written protocols and the patients’ needs.
· Assists, prepares and positions patients as required to perform radiological procedures
· Provides patient education relevant to specific imaging procedures by informing the patient of the nature of the procedure, the area to be imaged and any specific instructions the patient may need.
· Ensures all radiographic images are appropriately labeled as specified by the department SOP.
· Demonstrates radiographically visible evidence of shielding in all instances where appropriate, especially pediatrics.
· Employs radiation protection measures, to include collimation on all images, and follows departmental protocols to keep exposure of patients and hospital personnel to a minimum.
· Ensures all images are appropriately labeled as specified by the department SOP.
· Assists physician directly as required.
· Evaluates radiographs for technical acceptability and ensures images are transmitted to PACS in a timely fashion.
· Ensures Radiology room and equipment cleanliness, at the start and at the end of the shift, to include removal of soiled or dirty linen.
· Maintains supplies and accessories in imaging room necessary to safely perform duties, as required.
· Accurately records all required patient tracking information into IDX (Radiology Information System).
· Schedules exams into IDX (Radiology Information System) as required.
· Ensures that all studies performed are completed in IDX (Radiology Information System) in a timely fashion.
· Calls for in-patients as required.
· Performs related clerical duties in the absence of support personnel.
· Informs supervisor or appropriate personnel of needed repairs to equipment or unsafe conditions.
· Supervises radiology students assigned to his/her clinical area.
· Prevents the spread of infection to self, patients, visitors, and other employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocol.
· Attends in-services and other professional development meetings as required.
· Maintains in good standing, licensure specific to job to include adherence to Article 35 of the Public Health Code.
· High School graduate or equivalent education. Graduate from accredited program in Radiologic technology.Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
· Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Licensed by the State of New York Diagnostic Radiology, AART certification
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.New York State license in Diagnostic Radiology, AART certification, “M”. High School graduate or equivalent education. Graduate from accredited program in Radiologic technology.