Mount Sinai Careers
Deputy Director - Behavioral Health - Full Time Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Leads and oversees the daily clinical, administrative and financial operations and the overall performance of the Behavioral Health services at MSBI.
- Oversees all budgeting and expense management for the Service.
- Oversees all revenue collections including assuring effective and accurate oversight and monitoring for all revenue sources
- Ensures staff is maximizing quality and timely data input for billing (professional and technical) purposes on a daily basis
- Negotiates and secures optimal contract arrangements with all external parties
- Oversees program planning and evaluation activities within the Behavioral Health services. Develops annual evaluative criteria in conjunction with Behavioral Health System and Hospital goals, and then measures the performance of services and programs
- Ensures the provision of safe, high quality care in the Behavioral Health Services, in collaboration with the Chair and Division leaders
- Effectively leads and supervises all direct reports, and directs all Services staff through effective leadership and management of direct reports
- Supervises and evaluates work performance of direct report staff members providing on-going feedback
- Conducts regular administrative meetings with direct reports and staff to facilitate communication, identify problems and assist in problem resolution
- Insure establishment and maintenance of management structure promoting efficient oversight of operation, program planning, communication among staff and between departments, dissemination of information and timely response to issues raised in same
Bachelor’s and either professional licensure (ie, LCSW) and/or Master’s in health care (ie, MBA, MHA, MPH)
At least 10 years of experience in health care management leadership within Behavioral Health services. Demonstrated excellence in clinical program development, administrative leadership, financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and revenue management. Knowledge of healthcare issues, regulations, and market dynamics required, with specific knowledge in Behavioral Health. Exceptional communication, organizational, analytic and interpersonal skills required.
Must have demonstrated evidence of success in fast-paced, performance-oriented environment, and ability to lead diverse teams.