Mount Sinai Careers
A/C Control Worker
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Maintains electrical and pneumatic control equipment on HVAC systems for proper and energy efficient operation, trouble shoot and repair computer printed circuit boards. Must write programs that are energy management related
- Inspects all electrical and pneumatic control equipment on HVAC systems daily and makes adjustments, as necessary, to correct malfunctions
- Repairs and replaces thermostats, humidistats, dampers, damper motors, pressure regulators, temperature regulators, control valves and relays
- Installs new control systems and alarms, as directed
- Inspects air compressors that provide control air to HVAC systems daily
- Checks oil level suction strainers and water accumulation in air tanks. Responsible for air control piping
- Evaluates operating status of control equipment during his daily inspections
- Operates, updates and maintains energy management systems and Building Automated Systems
- Recommends upgrading of equipment to management
- Advises watch personnel of control equipment problems on HVAC systems
- Operates all HVAC systems as required
- Responsible to junior department members for training and guidance
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years on control systems required
- NYC Fire Department Unlimited Tonnage Refrigeration License required
- Stands and walks most of the day.
- Stoops, crouches, and kneels in carrying out his duties.
- Lifts and carries equipment and material up to 50 lbs.
- Subject to cuts, burns and strains.
- May be required to work in hot, humid spaces, in hung ceilings and above HVAC equipment and in other areas exposed to winter temperatures.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.