Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The Practice Manager provides operational and administrative support to the physicians and administrators of the Downtown Chelsea Center. Responsibilities include implementing and maintaining MSHS policies and procedures related to all practice operations. The Practice Manager is responsible for managing the administrative staff through on-boarding, development, and assessment of performance. Responsibilities also include maintaining the scheduling templates for providers, monitoring the quality of the scheduling data, handle scheduling issues, addresses patient concerns, maintaining relationships with external contacts, and ensuring the smooth functioning of the department. The Practice Manager serves as a liaison with all levels of Mount Sinai Health System to ensure efficient delivery of administrative services at the center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and coordinates activities of clerical, administrative, billing, finance, and/or other personnel in assigned area(s).
- Analyze internal processes and plans or implements procedural and policy changes to improve operations.
- Interprets and administers personnel policies such as hiring, performance appraisals, training, staff disciplinary activity and salary recommendations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay and equal employment.
- Facilitates creation of training programs. Conducts training for staff to carry out departmental programs and services.
- Ensures standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as Joint Commission and New York State and City Department of Health are met.
- Supports the director and department committees and participates in hospital committees as assigned
- Oversees computerized practice office support systems such as scheduling, telephone answering, dictation, medical records, referrals, etc.
- Develop and foster relationships with multiple counterparts including clinicians, staff and peers across the organization.
- Proactively leads and oversees employees in clinical physician practices to ensure job duties are being completed accurately, thoroughly, and timely.
- Recommends cost saving methods, such as supply changes, disposal or records, electronic processes to improve efficiency of center.
- Provide effective ongoing performance feedback through employee recognition and take appropriate action to address performance gaps. Empower employees to take responsibilities for their jobs and development.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the department in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedure.
- Appropriately communicate information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and email or regularly interpersonal communication.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, training, vacations, and paid time off.
- Demonstrate adaptability to support daily operations and provide cross-coverage
- Supervises daily operational issues of patient flow, billing and registration, medical record retrieval, patient eligibility, and follow-up on missed appointments. Addressing patient complaints Solve day-to-day operational problems (e.g., staffing, interactions within other areas and hospital departments).
- Implementation of office practice processes; addressing related physician issues
- Oversee completion and processing of practice billing; coordinates with financial coordinators and Revenue Cycle Operations to ensure timely charge capture.
- Supervise and appraise staff in the office practice suite, to include orientation, ongoing education, and dissemination of information at staff meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
3-5 year of related experience; preferably in a hospital setting
Knowledge of electronic medical record and/or billing systems required
Must be able to work independently and possess excellent organizational, communication and telephone skills. Must be able to multitasks and interacts well with physicians, office staff and patients.
MS Office Suite (please check one): (basic) (intermediate) (advanced)
General Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to identify and understand issues and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions
- Demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
- Manage conflict resolution
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as track and follow-through on projects/tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative manner with all departmental faculty and staff, as well as other institutional representatives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed
- Stress tolerance: ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
- Uses sound judgement and knowledge of the Downtown Chelsea Center at Mount Sinai and its policies and procedures to respond to questions, request, or needs
- Persist to complete tasks, even in the face of difficulties, and look for ways to continue improvement in performance
Level of Physical Activity Required: Light Moderate Heavy
Describe Work Environment