Mount Sinai Careers
Nurse Manager of Case Management - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Nurse Manager of Case Management - Mount Sinai St. Luke's - 73392
What You’ll Do:
The Nursing Clinical Manager (NCM) for Case Management is responsible for the day to day management of the ~20 Case Managers.
The NCM Manager serves as a resource/mentor for Case Managers, Social Workers and other institutional personnel, and participates in the development and implementation of new Institutional initiatives. The NCM reports to and assists the Director of Care Transitions and Population Health in providing ongoing education to Case Managers and other hospital personnel as needed. The Nursing Clinical Manager collaborates with Appeals Management, Managed Care Contracting and other institutional departments to ensure contractual compliance and optimal reimbursement by Third Party Payers.
- Provides operational and clinical oversight to case managers to ensure that all day to day activity supports the mission of efficient and clinically appropriate patient care.
- Ensures that the overall Case Management program supports patient, unit and clinical service objectives.
- Attends interdisciplinary rounds on units as warranted.
- Meets with Case Managers, as warranted, to review medically complex and long stay cases; refer to physician advisor as indicated.
- Collaborates with Social Work leadership to resolve discharge planning issues on assigned units.
- Regularly reviews avoidable day data and provides follow-up with Case Managers on accuracy and completeness of documentation.
- Demonstrates integral involvement in the Nursing Department PI/QA program. Participates in monthly Nursing Department meetings.
- Works with unit case managers, clinical nurse managers, physicians, and social workers to facilitate Interdisciplinary Rounds to ensure compliance with the patient management plan and the appropriate length of stay for each patient.
- Collaborates with the Director of Care Transitions and Population Health to maintain, review and update all Case Management specialty policies in accordance with hospital, professional and regulatory standards.
- Coordinates case managers’ activities to maintain orderly flow of admissions and discharges.
- Manages appropriate staffing plan for all case managers.
- Conducts staff meetings with all case managers regularly.
- Encourages and facilitates professional growth and development of staff. Facilitates flow of information from other departments to staff.
What You’ll Bring:
- BSN, Master’s Degree in Nursing or health related field or current enrollment
- Current NYS license as a registered professional nurse
- Certification in Case Management (CCM or ACM) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of case management experience and 5-7 years of experience as a clinical nurse.
- Leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Computer skills