Mount Sinai Careers
Certified Surgical Technician - Full-time - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
At the Mount Sinai Health System, patient care takes many forms. Our support services team members are responsible for creating a safe and welcoming environment for our patients so they can focus on what truly matters - healing. Every day brings new challenges—and each day offers the opportunity to improve the lives of patients and families in every community we serve.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Assists in the care of patients in the Operating Room and related areas under the direct supervision of the professional nurse
- Assists in the care, preparation and maintenance of sterile and un-sterile equipment
- Demonstrates ability to apply principles of sterile technique
- Assists circulating nurse
- Assists in the safe transfer and positioning of patients according to accepted procedure
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from Certified CST Training Program.
- NBSTSA certification.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
1. Assists in the care of patients in the Operating Room and related areas under the direct supervision of the professional nurse
2. Assists in the care, preparation and maintenance of sterile and un-sterile equipment
3. Demonstrates ability to apply principles of sterile technique
4. Assists circulating nurse
5. Assists in the safe transfer and positioning of patients according to accepted procedure
High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from Certified CST Training Program. NBSTSA certification.