Mount Sinai Careers
BIO MED ENGINEER
Strength Through Diversity.
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical support of the equipment on the units including the setting up, maintaining and repairing of the equipment, rendering technical advice and assistance to surgeons, OR staff and nursing personnel.
- Ensures electrical safety of the equipment for the patient, as well as medical and nursing personnel
- Maintains patient care monitoring equipment subsequent to appropriate vendor training and all other patient related instrumentation
- Informs the Biomedical Engineering Department of any defective equipment and participates in the repair and maintenance thereof
- Orders necessary parts, accessories, and supply items for all related equipment
- Constantly interacts with outside vendors and the Engineering Department regarding periodic maintenance, repairs, and closely monitors and coordinates those activities
- Ensures electrical safety and performance of equipment by means of periodic checks and preventive maintenance procedures, and maintains necessary documentation for Federal, State and City regulatory compliance requirements
- Trains other staff of the Biomedical Engineering Department to be able to cross cover.
- Covers emergencies after normal business hours and on weekends and holidays, as part of department rotation
- Applicable work experience considered
- Basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, knowledge of medical electronic technology and instrumentation acquired through completion of at minimum of Associate Degree with a highly preferred certification from AAMI or other similar organizations
- Approximately 3 to 5 years of diversified experience in the medical electronics field
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.