Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Strength Through Diversity. Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
What You’ll Do:
Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients.
- Nursing assessment based on interview, examination, observation and review of records of the patient.
- Develops a goal oriented care plan based on the nursing assessment, with participation of patient and significant others.
- Nursing actions are consistent with the care plan and medical regimen and hospital procedures
- Demonstrates a competent level of technical skill which reflect the scientific knowledge, judgment and technical skills of professional nursing.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing preferred.
- Documented previous experience or educational preparation to support credentials. Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice. Special skills/experience may be required in specialized areas.
- Registered Nurse License and current registration in New York State.
- Minimum 1 year RN telemetry Med/Surg experience in a hospital setting. BCLS/ACLS certification required, Certification and EKG skills required.
- Special skills/experience may be required in specialized areas, including : remote telemetry, administration of IV antiarrhythmic drugs, EKG interpretation, IV Therapy, remote telemetry, chemo, IV/Phlebotomy
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.