Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks:
· Participates and supports the health team in direct patient car under the supervision of the Nurse
Manager, Coordinator and Physician.
• Manager, Coordinator and Physician.
• Takes and Monitors vital signs
• Performs Phlebotomy
• Assists and with medical procedures as required (Urodynamics, cystoscopy, transrectal US &
• Performs routine maintenance, cleansing and set up of equipment including the operation and maintenance of Steris system.
• Notifies appropriate personnel regarding any malfunction of equipment.
• Assists in inventory control of medical supplies.
• Prepares and collects specimens as per hospital, lab and departmental policy.
• Performs and maintains Uroflow and Bladder scan accurately.
• Stocks exam rooms including educational materials.
• Retrieves lab, pathology and radiology data from the computer system.
• Provides instruction and information to patients
• Transfers and returns Urodynamic equipment to Radiology and Ultrasound equipment to the OR in a safe and timely manner.
• Acts rapidly and calmly during emergencies, assists with CPR, and provides necessary items called for by the team.
• Prints, copies, and posts daily patient schedule as required
• Perform and completes the Technician daily checklist as instructed.
• Inspects and returns all expired supplies/medications to pharmacy.
• Assists in Clerical duties such as answering telephone inquiries, filing charts, typing, data entry, photocopying and any other related functions needed.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical,
psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
• Participates in the development of other staff members
• Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements.
• Identifies learning strengths and needs
• Utilizes learning resources.
• Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients,
families and significant others.
• Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff
and extended community .
IV. EDUCATION REQUIRED
Applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
V. EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
• Ability to speak Spanish preferred
• Ability to type 30 WPM
VI. LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• Certified Medical Assistant
VII. JOB HAZARDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Lifting/moving equipment and supplies
• Assisting patients on and off exam tables
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System
believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion
to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we
call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,
you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.