Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineering Project Manager
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
The Senior Engineering Project Manager will monitor every phase of construction projects from inception to sign off within an active hospital environment. Position will have an engineering focus, with assignment to work on infrastructure projects such as fire alarm replacement, central plant renewal, HVAC system upgrade, etc.
• Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks:
• Effectively monitors contractors safety management program including PPE, ILSMs and ICRA
• Conceptualizes projects and prepares feasibility studies for hospital administration
• Prepares space programs to meet the needs of user departments
• Coordinates the activities of outside architectural and engineering design consultants on larger projects
• Monitors the progress of moderate to difficult construction, relative to schedule, cost and quality
• Effectively monitors activities of construction schedule as the owner's representative
• Minimizes the disruption to hospital patients, staff and service due to construction
• Reviews bid documents, drawings and coordinates pre-bid activities
• Supervise other PDC project staff as needed
• Conducts periodic project management meetings with architectural and engineering consultants, contractors, subcontractors and user clients
• Makes timely decisions in the field as unexpected conditions arise
• Monitors contractor's performance for compliance with plans and specifications and applicable codes
• Reviews and approves applications for payment, change orders and purchase requisitions
• Determines the need for additional technical consulting
• Schedules shut downs, tie-ins ;and in-house activities with engineering
• Coordinates and schedules work with other departments
• Coordinates move-in activities with user departments move coordinators
• Maintains complete project files through project close out
• Informs superiors of status and issues of construction projects
• Examines construction work, reports findings, follows up with corrective work and prepares and monitors punch lists
• Responsible for managing costs to budget using standardized finance report
• Produces schematic and construction documents on Auto CAD for approval by user groups
• Performs other tasks as requested and necessary for the operation of PDC or the hospital
What You'll Bring:
- Seven or more years of professional experience, ideally in a hospital facilities management department or architectural firm with healthcare experience.
Licensed Architect or Engineer preferred
Previous experience working on infrastructure projects such as fire alarm replacement, central plant renewal, HVAC system upgrade
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.