Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem - Neurology- Physicians Assistant
Strength Through Diversity
Ground Breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- Neurology REQ # 74104
Job Title: Physician Assistant
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Responds to inpatient emergencies or changes in clinical condition as determined by members of the surgical, nursing or administrative staff
· Evaluates and monitors complaints of patients (medical complaints)
· Evaluates and monitors patient’s clinical status (e.g., lab data, x-ray test results, etc.)
· Conducts daily patient rounds
· Communicates effectively with their team members for care of the surgical patients
· Assists surgeons in OR suite during procedures
· Performs minor and non-invasive procedures as credentialed (e.g., phlebotomy, NG Tube Insertion, etc.)
Completion of an Accredited Physician Assistant Program
Two years’ experience as a Surgical Physician Assistant
Active New York State Certification, CPR and ACLS certification
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.