Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
1. Makes assignments of specific tasks to shop craftsmen and helpers
2. Supervises the layout of jobs/or makes necessary work layouts from blueprints as required
3. Oversees material take off and selection and prepares lists as required
4. Ensures code compliance
5. Acts as troubleshooter
6. Makes up work assignment sheet
7. Keeps records as required
8. Assists in planning, scheduling and assigning jobs at critical points to crew
9. Checks progress of jobs at critical points to ensure that workmanship meets standards
10. Reviews code compliance to ensure that safety and building regulations are complied with
11. Obtains pricing and orders materials for repairs or installations
12. Approves requisitions for materials
13. Performs carpentry duties including, but not limited to, constructing, marinating, and repairing structural woodwork, drywall, windows and related hardware work, furniture and equipment
14. Installs, removes and/or replaces vinyl, rubber, floor wall tiles; glazing
15. Performs removal and/or replacing of acoustical ceiling tiles and related grid support
16. Builds special equipment of wood or other material, such as display racks, shelves, cases and stands; erects scaffolding and building forms such as those used for pouring concrete
17. Conforms to all required tool safety procedures
18. Performs higher level of work necessary to complete job
19. Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
20. Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information
21. Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
22. Regularly leads a group of one or more workers
23. Checks work assignments
24. Uses judgment in performing needs assessment and in estimating project scope
25. Modifies or adapts standard procedures and may assign men to specific task
26. Selects appropriate methodology
C. Educational/Professional Development
27. Participates in the development of other staff members
28. Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
29. Identifies learning strengths and needs
30. Utilizes learning resources
31. Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others
32. Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
33. Adheres to Continuum’s legal and ethical standards
34. May be required to perform other duties as assigned
Items 1-33 are essential functions of this position under the Americans with Disabilities Act
Continuum Health Partners is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that is strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences
High School Diploma or Trade/Vocational School diploma with specialization in carpentry or completion of a training program recognized by B.I.M.C.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
7 years minimum experience as a carpenter of which 3 or more years must have been spent as Journeyman Carpenter.
Thorough knowledge of carpentry shop tools, equipment and their safe/proper use.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints
JOB HAZARDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Exposure to industrial power cutting tools/ Use of Safety devices required (blade guards etc). Dust and particulate conditions exist / Use of goggles dust masks etc. required. Heavy lifting of lumber stock / requiring use of dollies, hand trucks etc. Perform work throughout entire Medical Center. May also be required to work in satellite buildings.