Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
House Supervisor (RN) - Nursing Administration - Full-time Night Shift
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Administers and directs the shift related activities of the Department of Nursing for a designated area of responsibility
- Interprets, implements and evaluates Hospital and Department of Nursing policies and procedures
- Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates all aspects of the delivery of nursing care for a specific shift or a designated group of nursing units
- Makes recommendations to the Vice President, Nursing/ Directors of Nursing regarding departmental standards, policies and procedures
- Collaborates with peers to insure consistent implementation of departmental policies
- Plans, determines, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for area of responsibility within the framework of the Department of Nursing, in collaboration with the Director and Nurse Managers.
- Collaborates with Department Heads to plan, problem-solve, implement and evaluate programs and decisions which affect the delivery of patient care as delegated by the Director of Nursing
- Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and makes recommendations for changes
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring, extending probation, disciplining and terminating employees in consultation with the Director of Nursing and Nurse Managers for designated area. Exceptions to this may be made by the Director
- Acts as on-site administrative head for the institution when an administrator and Director are not on the premises
- Maintains and interprets standards of nursing practice for area of responsibility in collaboration with a Director of Nursing
- Implements and maintains the standards set forth by regulatory agencies
- Refers non-nursing administrative problems to the administrator on call for resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required (BSN), Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrates competence in leadership; relevant clinical experience.
- Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in New York State.
- BLS and ACLS
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.