Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
RN Clinical Manager(Mount Sinai West) Full-Time Day Shift
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Clinical Manager is a licensed clinician, with responsibility of oversight of activities in the assigned department. This includes but is not limited to policy and program development, financial issues, staff training, hiring/interviewing new staff, labor relations, quality improvement, administrative tasks and many direct patient care/clinical duties including patient assessments, testing, patient education, managing patient emergencies, and working with patients directly in coordinating care. He/she will work closely with the Medical Director and Administrator in maintaining high levels of patient satisfaction and customer service.
Responsibilities and/or Duties:
- Oversees clinical, administrative, quality initiatives and, as appropriate, program development in assigned area.
- Responsible for any regulatory and compliance requirements
- Facilitates patient care including, appointments, visits, insurance requirements, as well as provide direct patient care
- Handle financial/insurance issues and solving problems associated with these issues.
- Periodic review and update of policies and procedures
- Staff training/education
- Clinical duties include but are not limited to patient assessments, vital signs, blood draws, vaccines, prescription requests including authorizations, triage, testing, and overall health management.
- Coordinating referrals to specialist and ancillary services
- Health Coaching and Patient Education
- Handles patient issues related to patient experience, billing and insurance issues
- Some on call responsibilities required
- Program development, engaging other members of the clinical and administrative team.
- Other duties as required
BS in Nursing (Masters preferred), with current licensure
Five years of clinical experience with two years of primary care experience. 2 years of management and supervisory experience preferred.
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
NYS current clinical licensure (RN, PA and other health care professions), BLS and Phlebotomy
Other: Advanced in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
IDX trained and certified super-user in EPIC preferred
General Skills and Competencies
Excellent communication skills both spoken and written.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.