Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- 2964 - SCHOOL OF NURSING-LEVEL I REQ #74318
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for facilitating student learning and evaluating the theoretical and clinical learning experiences
2. Participates in formulating and implementing the philosophy, conceptual framework and objectives of the school
3. Performs all activities related to the educational program
4. Selects and guides learning experiences in accordance with course objectives
5. Utilizes appropriate instructional modalities in teaching
6. Augments knowledge and skills in area of teaching responsibility
7. Fosters a climate conducive to learning
8. Participates in the selection of appropriate texts for courses
9. Teaches in assigned courses or classes as scheduled
10. Identifies students learning needs relevant to course objectives
11. Participates in selection of clinical units which facilitates student learning
12. Selects clinical assignments aimed at correlating theory with clinical practice
13. Conducts pre and post conferences which enhance student learning
14. Observes and guides students in carrying out their clinical assignments
15. Maintains progress reports for all assigned students
16. Participates in preparation, administration and analysis of examinations
17. Reviews students’ overall progress with course faculty
18. Attends all course meetings
19. Keeps students informed of their progress through on going conferences and clinical evaluations. Provides students with the opportunity for self evaluation
20. Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
21. Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information
22. Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
23. Participates in the activities of the Faculty Organization
24. Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the educational program
25. Participates in the systematic evaluation of the total program
26. Interviews prospective students
27. Participates in orientation programs
28. Participates in school functions
29. Periodically assists with recruitment
30. Adheres to school/faculty policies
31. Contributes data for annual reports and submits Self Study Report
32. Serves on various committees of the Faculty Organization
C. Educational/Professional Development
33. Participates in the development of other staff members
34. Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
35. Identifies learning strengths and needs
36. Utilizes learning resources
37. Attends and participates in all meetings of the Faculty Organization
38. Utilizes self-evaluation and establishes goals aimed at continued personal and professional growth
39. Participates in continuing education programs to further knowledge and professional growth.
40. Provides academic counseling and advisement to students and makes referrals to appropriate personnel when necessary
41. Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others
42. Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
43. Collaborates with course colleagues in completing final student evaluations
44. Serves as an advisor to various student projects and organizations as needed
45. Recognizes individual differences in learning and supports students efforts in achieving course objectives
46. Participates in professional community activities
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum two years recent clinical nursing experience in a relevant health care agency. Clinical expertise in area(s) of responsibility. Teaching experience in an Associate Degree Program preferred. Ability to supervise 9-10 students in a clinical setting. Good voice projection for classroom teaching.
- Current New York State licensure as a Registered Nurse, BCLS
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.