Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- RADIOLOGY MRI REQ #74420
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Performs magnetic resonance imaging procedures on patients following established departmental guidelines
2. Assists and adequately prepares patients for MRI examinations
3. Positions patients and associated coils to obtain optimum study
4. Evaluates MRI films for quality to determine the need for additional sequences to demonstrate the required anatomy/pathology desired
5. Comforts, counsels and questions patients in an effort to minimize patient potential for claustrophobic behavior
6. Maintains safety standards via strict adherence to safety guidelines in order to prevent the introduction of ferromagnetic material into the scan room
7. Performs preparation of parental contrast media and accessories required to assist the physician with the completion of a contrast enhanced study
8. Maintains equipment and facilities in clean and good working condition, reports equipment problems to supervisor
9. Processes/archives scanned images are required
10. Supervises radiology technologist students
11. Maintains supplies and accessories as required
12. Assists physician as required
13. Operates and/or prepares specialized equipment to perform magnetic imaging procedures
14. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
Age Specific Competencies (Neonate/Infant, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric)
a. Identifies physical, behavioral and emotional characteristics typical for the age group
b. Modifies approaches based on patient age-specific needs and responses to treatment
c. Provides care for patients based on age-specific needs
d. Uses communication techniques which are age appropriate
15. Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
16. Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information
17. Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
C. Educational/Professional Development
18. Participates in the development of other staff members
19. Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
20. Identifies learning strengths and needs
21. Utilizes learning resources
22. Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others
23. Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
24. Adheres to Continuum’s legal and ethical standards
25. May be required to perform other duties as assigned
Items 1-24 are essential functions of this position under the Americans with Disabilities Act
High School diploma or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited program in Radiology Technology, and completion of courses in Magnetic Resonance Imaging; or, completion of courses in Magnetic Resonance Imaging, a diploma from an accrediting body, and A.R.R.T. MRI registry.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
Minimum of 2 years experience performing magnetic imaging procedures.
New York State License in Diagnostic Radiology, and/or A.R.R.T. MRI registry.
JOB HAZARDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Exposure to high magnetic frequencies.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.