Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Offsite Practice Manager - WestCare Medical Associates - Full-Time
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
- Establishes, in conjunction with the Medical Director and the Administrator, objectives, policies and procedures that ensure efficient operations of the Practice and the delivery of the highest level of care possible. Designates and prioritizes office duties to be performed and ensures that all work is completed on a timely basis and in accordance with the practice objectives.
- Provides supervision to all practice clerical/administrative staff. This includes, but is not limited to, interviewing, hiring, supervising, training, motivating, developing, and delegating assignments. Prepares performance evaluations, recommends and documents personnel actions including promotions, counseling, disciplining, and firing as deemed necessary. Performs counseling and disciplining sessions.
- Ensures performance of various office support functions, including but not limited to, participating in, answering phones, greeting patients, check-in and check-out reception functions, responding to inquires about patient accounts from patients and patients’ families, scheduling appointments and follow-up appointments, benefit verification, referral processing; precertification of procedures as required by daily demands and staff schedules of practice.
- Anticipates operational concerns of the office and troubleshoots any problems. Develops pro-active solutions to all problems and complaints. Exercises good judgment in solving problems independently or involving Practitioners, as necessary.
- Coordinates, schedules for clinical and support staff, calculates and approves time records for staff, and maintains accurate information for payroll and Human Resources purposes. Monitors and approves time off for staff in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures coverage is provided for any absentee employee and staffing needs are sufficient to deliver quality patient care.
- Ensures communication with the answering and confirmation service, including overseeing lists forwarded to and messages from are disseminated and acted upon.
- Ensures cash receipts, checks, and credit cards payments are handled in accordance with policies and procedures of the Practice. Handles and reconciles petty cash funds.
- In cooperation with Business Manager, assists with billing and collection issues. Reviews all insurance policies and procedure and communicates information to staff for compliance requirements.
- Monitors practitioner schedules to ensure the services provided meet the demands of the patient population on an ongoing basis. Routinely evaluates, proposes and implements corrective actions to meet the needs and provide optimum patient care and services. Coordinates and reviews the patient schedule to promote and facilitate the growth of the practice, optimizing patient flow and availability of services. Determines opportunities to improve efficiency and assure adequate patient access.
- Facilitates and/or coordinates training of all employees as necessary, ensuring effective and comprehensive training programs. Maintains a complete and overall working knowledge of the Practice Management software. Trains employees as necessary, answers questions, and reports system issues to appropriate personnel or vendors. Makes recommendations related to system needs and troubleshoots systems, as needed.
- Participates in the quality improvement program. Assures compliance with laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to patient care. Anticipates and responds to regulatory agencies. Monitors and improves patient satisfaction.
- Oversees all ordering of office equipment and supplies as well as office inventory assuring adequate storage and disbursement of all materials.
- Prepares requisitions, as appropriate, for personnel, supplies, etc.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
- Participates in professional development activities and in the development of other staff members.
- High School Diploma. Associates or Bachelors Degree highly preferred.
- Minimum five years experience in a managerial role in a medical office.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance carriers’ billing and reimbursement policies and procedures including managed care companies.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, patients and the public.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure to answer correspondence and prepare reports.
- Ability to supervise personnel and skilled in planning, organizing and delegating workload.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and exercise good judgment in such situations.
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.