Mount Sinai Careers
Offsite Patient Coordinator (Mount Sinai West) - WEST PARK MEDICAL GROUP - F/T Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
WEST PARK MEDICAL GROUP - 74443
- Greet patients either in person or via telephone, and update their insurance/demographics in the practice management system.
- Assure that physician accepts insurance that patients present with. If not already done prior to visit, verify insurance prior to patient’s arrival or at minimum at time of arrival before visit.
- Communicate with appropriate staff regarding patient’s arrival, and ensure that patient’s medical record is available for physician.
- Review status of waiting room on a routine basis and ensure that patients are kept advised of wait times.
- Ensures that patient has paid co-pay or collects co-pay under direction of billing staff, providing patient with receipt following established cash-control processes.
- May schedule patient for follow-up appointment as needed. Provide patient with guidelines for requesting medical records, if necessary
- May initiate reminder phones calls for next day appointments.
- Performs other related duties
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-year physician practice experience
- IDX or other practice management system experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with multicultural and language deficit patients.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills required. Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology strongly prefered
- Must be able to adapt to a growing an d changing environment.