Mount Sinai Careers
Emergency Department Administrative Director
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Administrative Director exercises management responsibility over the business and operational activities of an Emergency Department. Responsible for establishing short- and long-term goals and objectives in line with the Hospital and Health System as well as ensuring compliance with federal, state and city regulatory agencies.
- Conducts short and long-term planning to achieve departmental and hospital goals and objectives
- Contributes significantly to the planning for the department needs and departmental and institution's policies and procedures
- Contributes to the planning for the department in order to meet needs of investigators
- Coordinates space needs of OGARA staff. Responsible for assuring that adequate resources are available
- Monitoring registration staff performance in keeping with all revenue cycle goals and objectives
- Plans budget needs by analyzing short- and long-term program plans. Collaborates with the Department leadership to assure the completion of the annual administrative and capital budget and subsequent monitoring of the financial status of the department.
- MBA or Bachelor's Degree with significant administrative experience.
- Experience with the implementation of sophisticated IT programs preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and GroupWise.
- Familiarity with website development preferred.
- Comfortable making presentations to various bodies.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.