Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Assistant - Department of Surgery - Full-time - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
- Provides secretarial and administrative support to the Administrative Director to include copying, faxing, mailing, answering all incoming calls and transporting on a needs basis confidential documents between all sites.
- Corresponds and follows up with outside physician offices for required administrative information.
- Updates and maintains Department physician, clinical and administrative staff files to include credentialing licensures, certifications, appraisals, etc.
- Updates and maintains Department directories to include Attending Physician, staff and emergency management.
- Provides clerical support to the Department's Residency Program to include the surgical medical clerkships and observerships as well as other clerical office functions as needed.
- Assists with the processing of resident verification requests.
- Responsible for ordering and confirming catering requirements for resident lectures and conferences.
- Responsible for AV requirements for teleconferenced meetings between the RH and SL sites i.e. Average Length of Stay meetings.
- Assists with the completion of petty cash vouchers for resident travel reimbursement and follows-up for approval.
- Modifies routine departmental reports and statistics as needed.
- Assists in the organization of meetings and conferences.
- Orders office supplies through the iProcurement system as well as submit all invoices for payment
- Conducts the appropriate follow with Accounts Payable and Sinai Central on all outstanding invoices.
- Working in conjunction with the Asst Administrator, is responsible for the timely follow-up and submission of all hospital and department based requests to include related initiatives and assignments.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary.
- High School graduate. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Two years secretarial medical office experience.
- Computer skills with Microsoft essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.