Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Anesthesia Tech - Full-time Evenings - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Bring
Team Leader for Anesthesia Technicians and Technologist. Knowledgeable of The Joint Commission and all Regulatory accreditation policies and procedures directly related to anesthesia and patient safety. Demonstrates competence and timeliness in all duties, particularly in preparation for emergencies and trauma procedures. Provides technical support to the licensed professional anesthesia staff for delivery of patient care. Plans all education, preparation and competency of staff. Role models service excellence and core behaviors. Accepts and demonstrates behaviors of high functioning, critical thinking team member.
- Assists Anesthesia Professional Staff
- Assists licensed anesthesia providers in preparation and draping of patient for invasive monitoring procedures.
- Anticipates and assists needs of licensed anesthesia providers during invasive monitor insertion and procedures such as pulmonary artery catheter, central venous access, regional anesthesia, fiberoptic intubation and is knowledgeable of the American Society of Anesthesiologists difficult airway algorithm.
- Proactively plans needs for invasive monitoring by reviewing daily operating room schedule.
- Aids in preparation of patients for major invasive monitoring and/ or complex cases including but not limited to placement of blood pressure cuff, electrocardiography leads, pulse oximeter, positioning and prepping.
- Sets up operating room for cases according to licensing restrictions which may include the following: preparation of laryngoscope and intubation equipment, intravenous solution and tubing set-up and set up of intravenous warming devices.
- Upon successful completion of electrocardiogram course monitors electrocardiogram for dysrhythmias.
- Assists licensed anesthesia providers with volume infusions as directed during intra-operative volume resuscitations.
- Maintains the availability of necessary equipment in each operating room.
What you'll bring
- A graduate of an ASATT approved program with completion of required clinical component. BLS, ACLS, within one year of employment
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.