Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nursing Attendant - Full-time Days - Float Pool - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
- Assists the nursing staff in performing selected nursing procedures, treatments, and functional tasks to specific patients including vital signs: Temperature, Pulse, Respirations, Blood Pressure and Pain Rating.
- Performs procedures associated with activities of daily living, ambulation, mobility, and personal hygiene of the patient.
- Observes, reports, and records routine and specific patient data, behaviors and responses to
- treatment on the appropriate flow sheet/EMR.
- Reports pertinent information and observations regarding patients to the registered nurse
- Performs procedures related to assuring a safe environment for patients, staff and others.
- Performs procedures associated with the admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Performs procedures associated with the maintenance of food and fluid intake.
- Performs procedures associated with excretion of body waste and or loss of fluid.
- Provides for safe and comfortable lifting, positioning and ambulation of patients in accordance with the principles of good body mechanics. Utilizes mechanical devises as necessary
- Performs simple applications of heat and cold.
- Provides care to the body of deceased patients in preparation for removal to the morgue.
- Provides support to the family/significant others. Secures property.
- Obtains, assembles and maintains equipment for use during diagnostic and therapeutic
- Assists members of the health care team with physical exam and other procedures
- Conducts purposeful hourly rounding for assigned patients noting: Pain, Position, Proactive Toileting and Possessions
- Participates in the patient belonging process, including reporting of valuables to the RN and documenting accordingly.
- Transports patients by wheelchair, stretcher or bed, and escorts ambulatory patients.
- Performs errands away from the area of assignment to implement the care of patients
- including transporting stat specimens and/or obtaining supplies as necessary.
- Maintains a clean uncluttered and tidy environment.
- Maintains equipment and cleans as necessary. Stocks supplies.
- Works in a safe manner and provides for the safety of patients and other employees.
- Utilizes aggression control measures in the care of patients who are verbally or physically
- Performs patient observation for safety, constant and/or every 20 minutes checks of assigned observation status.
- Communicates information and basic instructions to patients, families, and visitors
- Supports the mission, vision, philosophy and goals of the Department of Nursing and The
- Mount Sinai Health System.
- Attends ongoing staff development as assigned to maintain appropriate knowledge base
- and skills and to meet regulatory requirements.
- Attends unit staff and educational meetings.
- Demonstrates a humanistic, kind and caring attitude.
- Adheres to dress code in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintains attendance and punctuality record in accordance with departmental standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hospital and Departmental policy, procedure, and guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Patient Bill of Rights and confidentiality.
- Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people and
- promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
- Respects and values each patient's unique, individual needs, beliefs, and diversity and
- incorporates these into delivery of care.
- Assumes other responsibilities/duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completed training as a medical assistant or nursing assistant or equivalent.
- Experience: Prefer relevant experience in an inpatient health care setting.
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner.
- Visual and aural acuity to assess patient within parameters of job responsibilities.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide variety of
- Oriented to consumer satisfaction.
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity to perform a variety of tasks and skills in area of assignment.