Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Whether our Nurse Practitioners are caring for a critically ill patient as part of an interdisciplinary team or assisting in a groundbreaking surgery, they all have one common goal – to provide world-class patient care. At Mount Sinai, we advance innovation by leveraging progressive technologies, such as our state-of-the-art simulation training labs. We encourage autonomy among our NP’s by fostering an environment that is focused on building strong relationships with our patients through earning & keeping their trust. Resilience is a requirement, as every day brings a new set of challenges.
The Mount Sinai Health System and UNITE HERE HEALTH (UHH) are collaborating to build a better primary care model and have a positive impact on the UniteHere Local 54 union community.
UHH built a health center to provide high quality care for the unionized hospitality industry workers for whom it provides health benefits. This health center is located in downtown Atlantic City, NJ.
Mount Sinai and UHH want to focus on keeping patients healthy at home, and to help patients avoid expensive and unpleasant ED visits and hospital admissions. In this new model, providers, nurses, and health coaches will work as a team alongside mental health specialists to address the many different needs a patient may have. Health coaches will also work with the pharmacy, lab, x-ray and physical therapy services that are on site at the UHH health center to help patients access other services as needed.
Together, we believe that there is a better way of delivering care that can make healthcare more fulfilling experience for both providers and patients. We are looking for team members to help build this future.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ATLANTIC CITY, NJ. ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK IN ATLANTIC CITY, NJ.
- Responsible for assessing, identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating the processes, technology, personnel, and facility needs required to achieve patient outcomes safely and cost-effectively in a patient centered environment
- Responsible for direct patient management of cardiology patients during all phases of the diagnostic and interventional course in an attending only service
- Formulates objective, measurable patient care goals consistent with the Hospitals’ mission, vision and patient care principles
- Performs history and physical, admissions orders, daily progress notes for diagnostic and/or interventional patient's
- Assesses the patient's needs, diagnoses illness and physical conditions and develops therapeutic plan of care in accordance with the collaborating physician
- Prescribes medications and treatments as appropriate
- Orders and interprets all laboratory and EKG results
- Obtains consents for procedures
- Provides health teaching, guidance and counseling directed towards helping patients in their acceptance of therapy and towards establishment and/or maintenance of their optimum state of health
- Makes referrals for consultative services and diagnostic procedures in accordance with collaborating physician
- Performs arterial and venous sheath insertion and removal
- Assists attending physician during diagnostic and interventional procedures
- Assesses and manages complications of angiograms and/or angioplasties
- Interprets and manages complications of sheath removal (i.e. vasovagal reactions, hematomas)
- Identifies and manages groin complications
- Manages cardiac arrests
- Performs dictation on procedures in appropriate format
- Evaluates and discharges post angiogram/interventional patient in accordance with the collaborating physician
- Completes all discharge summaries and forms
- Provides all follow-up information for patient, including prescriptions, follow-up appointments, and all patient education material
- Participates in department bases research through data collection and case report form completion
- Communicates care area purpose and goals to the care team
- Interviews, hires, terminates, disciplines, reward, and evaluates patient care staff
- Conducts team performance evaluations and facilitates peer evaluates
- Assures staff understanding of, and compliance with, infection control mandates
- Assures that all unit staff are informed of medical center’s developments and participates with the patient care area planning and problem solving
- Participates in leadership team meetings, demonstrates ability to achieve meeting outcomes
- Participates in management operational meetings
- Maintains records of minutes of all meetings
- Participates in the planning and evaluation of educational programs to meet unit needs and to promote staff development
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the unit based orientation program for new employees
- Promotes motivation and productivity through the application of sound employee relations activities, labor relation principles and clear communication
- Recognizes and rewards health care team achievements
- Identifies and follows through with consequence management
- Obtains feedback from leadership team and health care team on their effectiveness
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others
- Communicates appropriate plan of care to attending physicians, referring physicians, patient, family members, staff RN and other members of the health care team
- Obtains significant medical records from referring physicians and/or institutions
- Provides resource information to patient after discharge
Work in a unique non-fee-for-service healthcare environment dedicated to meeting the needs of an underserved population through longer visits, team-based care, and on-going innovation.
Experience an affiliation with an academic medical center where you will participate in weekly didactic learning activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, Graduate from an accredited Nurse Program. Applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- At least two (2) years clinical nursing experience, preferably in critical care as a staff nurse. One (1) year experience as Nurse Practitioner preferred. Effective interpersonal skills. Arrhythmia and ischemia EKG interpretation skills preferred. Demonstrates leadership ability. Effective organizational skills. Basic computer skills. Ability to problem solve using critical thinking.
- Bilingual preferred.
- New Jersey Registered Nurse Licensure. New Jersey Nurse Practitioner Licensure. National Nurse Practitioner Certification (i.e. ANCC) BCLS ACLS Infection Control Certification.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.