Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Physician Assistant - Primary Care / Population Health - Atlantic City, NJ
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Whether our Physician Assistants are caring for a critically ill patient as part of an interdisciplinary team or assisting in a groundbreaking surgery, they all have one common goal – to provide world-class patient care. At Mount Sinai, we advance innovation by leveraging progressive technologies, such as our state-of-the-art simulation training labs. We encourage autonomy among our PA’s by fostering an environment that is focused on building strong relationships with our patients through earning & keeping their trust. Resilience is a requirement, as every day brings a new set of challenges.
The Mount Sinai Health System and UNITE HERE HEALTH (UHH) are collaborating to build a better primary care model and have a positive impact on the UniteHere Local 54 union community.
UHH built a health center to provide high quality care for the unionized hospitality industry workers for whom it provides health benefits. This health center is located in downtown Atlantic City, NJ.
Mount Sinai and UHH want to focus on keeping patients healthy at home, and to help patients avoid expensive and unpleasant ED visits and hospital admissions. In this new model, providers, nurses, and health coaches will work as a team alongside mental health specialists to address the many different needs a patient may have. Health coaches will also work with the pharmacy, lab, x-ray and physical therapy services that are on site at the UHH health center to help patients access other services as needed.
Together, we believe that there is a better way of delivering care that can make healthcare more fulfilling experience for both providers and patients. We are looking for team members to help build this future.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ATLANTIC CITY, NJ. ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK IN ATLANTIC CITY, NJ.
- Provide care for patients in collaboration with the physician and within the guidelines mutually agreed upon by clinical and medical administration.
- Assesses patients’ needs and develops plan of care in collaboration with the physician
- Provides health teaching, guidance and counseling
- Makes appropriate referrals with the concurrence of the physician
- Performs complete physical exams utilizing customary techniques
- Orders diagnostic testing in collaboration with the physician
- Orders medication in collaboration with physician
- Work in a unique non-fee-for-service healthcare environment dedicated to meeting the needs of an underserved population through longer visits, team-based care, and on-going innovation.
- Experience an affiliation with an academic medical center where you will participate in weekly didactic learning activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree and graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Three to five years equivalent combination of education and experience required. Two years of primary care experience strongly preferred.
- New Jersey State license as a Registered Physician Assistant. Certification through completion of national boards preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.