Mount Sinai Careers
Staff Nurse - Operating Room - Full Time - Mount Sinai West - Evenings
Registered Nurse / RN – Operating Room – Mount Sinai West
A nursing career on the
Mount Sinai. Wear the badge of excellence.
All day. Every day. You work tirelessly to treat our patients. You build and foster meaningful relationships. You strike the right balance between empathy and excellence, compassion and professionalism.
You are a Mount Sinai Nurse.
Nurses are Mount Sinai’s treasured resource—high-level professionals with valued expertise and voices who provide and coordinate relationship-centered care on a 24/7 basis. Working here you’ll find a supportive and state-of-the-art environment where your expertise is valued and collaboration is essential.
- The Operating Room Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and their significant others.
- Circulates in all surgical specialties including – but not limited to - General, ENT, Urology, Vascular, Transplant, Orthopedics, and Neurosurgery.
- Collaborates with surgeons, surgical technologists, and other members of the surgical team.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- A capacity to learn, synthesize, make critical judgments, place patients and families first, and collaborate with team members who are recognized leaders within health care.
- At least one year of Circulating experience either in a main Operating Room or a multi-disciplinary surgery center. Alternate experience includes completion of a Periop 101 program.
- BLS / BCLS certification required.
- CNOR highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions.
- Exception: Associate Degree or Diploma in nursing graduates considered for identified specialized areas of practice. Must have current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire for consideration.
- Current New York State Registered Nurse
Why work with us
514 bed hospital founded in 1864
17 Operating Rooms that are open 24/7 with a 1:1 ratio
Huge emphasis on QI’s and Staff Education
Approximate surgeries: 50% ortho, 20% neuro/spine, 10% urology, 10% GYN, ENT, robotic, plastics, vascular, and endovascular
Here, innovation is valued and collaboration is more than a buzzword. The health system is full of friendly, helpful people who share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home—culturally, ethnically, in outlook and lifestyle. Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and always strive to make our employees feel valued and appreciated. We believe that diversity is a driver for excellence. Therefore, regardless of your age, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, military/veteran status, disability status, religious belief or other defining characteristics, we value the impact your differences have on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to be named to the 2016 Diversity Inc “Top 3 Hospitals and Health Systems” list.