Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Physician Assistant - PA - SICU - 50 Hours week - MSBI
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Whether our Physician Assistants are caring for a critically ill patient as part of an interdisciplinary team or assisting in a groundbreaking surgery, they all have one common goal – to provide world-class patient care. At Mount Sinai, we advance innovation by leveraging progressive technologies, such as our state-of-the-art simulation training labs. We encourage autonomy among our PA’s by fostering an environment that is focused on building strong relationships with our patients through earning & keeping their trust. Resilience is a requirement, as every day brings a new set of challenges.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
- Provide care for acute and critically ill patients in a closed surgical ICU & Step-Down Unit in collaboration with the covering Attending
- Initiate medical and ventilator management, order and interpret lab tests & imaging studies
- Evaluate consults and develop plans of care alongside the supervising physician
- Request appropriate specialist consultations with the concurrence of the physician
- Perform complete physical exams and write daily progress notes utilizing customary techniques
- Perform bedside procedures and placement of invasive lines based on patient needs.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree and graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- New York State license as a Registered Physician Assistant.Certification through completion of national boards preferred
- ACLS & BLS; Infection Control Certification; DEA
- Experience a plus, but willing to train the right candidate
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant Program with NCCPA Certification and BLS/ACLS. Must be licensed/registered to practice as a PA in the State of New York.