Mount Sinai Careers
Revenue Cycle Specialist - Psychiatry Administration - Full Time/Days
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Psychiatry – # 74631
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Responsible for reviewing and maintaining CDM, ensuring all data elements are accurate and comply with all payors requirements. Provides education regarding documentation requirements to improve coding quality and ensure accurate and complete capture of maximum revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintains CDM (Charge Description Master) and/or other pertinent regulations and policies, ensuring all data elements are accurate and comply with all payor and regulatory requirements.
· Reviews and interprets various regulatory billing and coding updates, to remain compliant and accurate to minimize mis-billings.
· Resolves issues that arise from information submitted and revenue cycle issues.
· Provides validation reviews, audits, documentation and training for the area of knowledge, sharing information with Finance, Medical Records and other revenue producing areas or departments.
· Provides training and mentorship to specific revenue producing departments
· This position has external contacts with third party and governmental websites/phone and various medical coding website/phone.
· Other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring:
· Associates Degree required
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· 2 years of experience in medical practice/outpatient coding and /or medical practice business office or patient accounts experience strongly preferred.
· Medical Billing & Coding Certification strongly preferred
· Microsoft Office required
· Understanding of CPTs, HCPCS, APCs, DRGs and OPPS required.
· Must have strong understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and third party payor rules and regulations and thorough knowledge of UB-92 data element requirements.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal and communication skills.
· Must be able to work independently and on a team
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.