Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Nurse Midwife- MSW
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- OB/GYN REQ #74643
Job Title: Midwife
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Provides patient care according to CNM protocols in the Department of OB-GYN
2. Takes medical, family, social, and nutritional history from patients
3. Examines patients
4. Evaluates the obstetrical status with patient and provides continuing health supervision and education, on basis of findings
5. Determines and conducts necessary laboratory procedures
6. Evaluates status of labor
7. Plans for continuous care and support
8. Initiates appropriate fetal monitoring
9. Manages labor and delivery
10. Provides immediate care of the newborn
11. Makes periodic visits to mother and baby and evaluates their condition while in hospital. Assists with breastfeeding techniques
12. Assists mother in plans for care of herself, family and newborn throughout the puerperium, post-partum and inter-conceptional period
13. Performs circumcisions
14. Discusses with patient and her partner the options and preferences of the methods of contraception or child spacing
15. Initiates contraceptive modality and supervises continuation of modality use
16. Provides on-going health education for patient and her family
17. Supervises medical, nursing and midwifery students in clinical application
18. Participates in departmental quality improvement/ assurance process
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physic
- NYS RN and Midwife, Master’s degree, DEA, BCLS, NRP
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.