Mount Sinai Careers
Physicians Assistant - part-time nights
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Whether our Physician Assistants are caring for a critically ill patient as part of an interdisciplinary team or assisting in a groundbreaking surgery, they all have one common goal – to provide world-class patient care. At Mount Sinai, we advance innovation by leveraging progressive technologies, such as our state-of-the-art simulation training labs. We encourage autonomy among our PA’s by fostering an environment that is focused on building strong relationships with our patients through earning & keeping their trust. Resilience is a requirement, as every day brings a new set of challenges.
Strength Through Diversity. Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide direct primary care to ED patients according to protocol for emergency department utilization. Provide care for patients in collaboration with the physician and within the guidelines mutually agreed upon by clinical administration.
- Provide care based on physical, psycho-social, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the patient, formulate diagnosis, treatment plan, discharge plan, documentation and consults, Provides health teaching, guidance and counseling.
- Performs complete physical exams utilizing customary techniques, Orders diagnostic testing, Orders medication. Perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary.
What You’ll Bring:
- Required: Masters, Graduate of an ARC-PA Accredited Physician Assistant Program. Previous health work related experience as a Physician Assistant. (Emergency Medicine preferred)
- Required: all credentialing documents not limited to but including NYS PA registration, Diploma, license, current PA certification, ACLS, BCLS, PALS and all other required credentialing documents
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.