Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Offsite Patient Navigator - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area) - Full-time
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Offsite Patient Navigator 74733
- Schedules GI procedures for patients in IDX/Optime as per provider’s instructions
- Reviews pre-procedure patient instructions with each patient in the office and/or over the phone to ensure he/she is properly prepared for the procedure.
- One week prior to the procedure, calls the patients to make sure they have all necessary information, forms and procedure preparations. One day before the appointment, calls patients and reminds them of their appointments and necessary preparation instructions
- Responds to patient inquires about GI procedures
- Updates Patient Status in IDX daily to reflect ARR, NOS, or CAN
- Contacts the Endoscopy team to provide updates on patients scheduled for upcoming GI procedures
- Works closely with the GI Patient Coordinators to ensure the endoscopy schedules are accurate
- Updates GI providers of any changes in his/her schedule
- Creates GI orders in EMR for GI procedures and send to GI Patient Coordinators
- Provide timely colonoscopy/EGD reports to referring providers via EMR or mailing
- Generates referrals as requested by providers and patients
- Obtains pre-certs and pre-auths for procedures and tests
- Update and verify patient demographic and insurance data as needed
- Acquires necessary clinical data from physicians to preauthorize procedures
- Communicates with patients & physicians on status of these requests
- Responds to and handle "Referral" messages within 24 hours
- Obtains pre-certs and pre-auths for GI procedures and tests
- Responds to and handle telephone messages for GI division within 24hours
- Provides vacation coverage and/or cover lunch as needed at front desk
- All other duties as assigned
1-3 year of experienced preferred
Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
Experience in communication with providers insurance carriers
Knowledge of practice operations
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System
believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion
to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call
home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.