Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
FOOD SERVICE THERAPEUTICS - REQ # 74761
Job Title: Clinical Nutritionist
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Develops and revises nutrition education tools.
· Documents nutrition care provided in patients’ medical record in accordance with departmental standards.
· Evaluates performance and investigate problems based on the degree of potential adverse outcomes to patient care.
· Screens assess and documents nutritional status of patients; assigns appropriate level of care.
· Assists in nutritional analysis of menus and modified diets and revision of diet manual.
· Participates in interdisciplinary patient care rounds and activities.
· Conducts meal time visits and meal intake analysis as deemed necessary.
· Covers patient floors as assigned.
· Acts as consultants to physicians, nurses, social workers, medical students and other disciplines.
· Presents classes and lectures on nutrition related topics to health care team.
· Attends patients round meetings and completes nutrition information required after patient interviews, records pertinent nutrition information in clinical information system.
· Prepares any necessary menus and submits to diet office clerks/electronic dietary information management system where applicable.
· Plans, develops and participates in special projects and committees
· Bachelor’s degree or higher, with completion of approved Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (AND) program for qualifying experience.
· 2 years clinical experience preferred. Maintain RD status through employment.
· Must be a registered dietitian or registration-eligible, having completed an internship from an accredited AND program or equivalent experience. If registration-eligible, must pass RD exam within 3 months of hire.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.