Mount Sinai Careers
Epilepsy Monitor Technician
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- EPILEPSY MONITORING UNIT REQ #74797
Title:Epilepsy Monitor Technician
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for all EEG recordings: Awake, asleep, bedside and B.D. protocol video EEGs.
· Summarizes the patient's neurologic status and clinical history from the chart or other knowledgeable persons. Explains in detail the recording procedures to the patient and family members present. Views chart for use of anticonvulsive meds and consults family or caregiver.
· Adapts methods and instrumentation, to make patient feel calm and comfortable during testing to obtain optional results, the best EEG findings, and an EEG record free of artifacts.
· Removes residue from patient's scalp, dries and combs patient's hair.
· Writes all clinical observations during seizures and other patient emergency situations.
· Logs and records complete patient diagnoses, technician report, stamps records and places in reading room.
· Insures electrical safety of the patient at all times, performs maintenance and minor repairs of the equipment for use, and reports major problems to the supervisor.
· Keeps EEG room clean and neat at all times, cleans equipment, and closes containers of paste after each use.
· Participates in conferences, technical meetings, and other educational activities when possible.
· Performs other duties as requested.
· Tech is familarize with a lab and ICU setting.
- Education High School diploma required. Associates degree preferred
- Tech must be able to use Xltek/Natus equipment
- EEG experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.