Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nurse Manager - Outpatient Clinic - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Utilizes an inter-disciplinary approach to coach and develop practice-based staff to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care in a safe environment
- Assists in developing clinical staff
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with health care team and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Serves as a liaison between physicians, families, clinical staff, and ancillary departments
- Demonstrates accountability for cost effective management of equipment and supplies while ensuring the department achieves patient care goals
- Supports the implementation of practice
- Facilitates staff participation and participates in the Quality Outcomes Program and/or practice based quality initiatives for developing and monitoring clinical outcomes that demonstrate clinical nursing excellence
- Coordinates patient care delivery while maintaining environmental safety; and orderly flow of admissions and discharges on the unit
- Coordinates activities and interacts effectively with other departments and medical staff to manage the patient care environment
- Conducts unit/service nursing staff meetings monthly or more frequently as needed and communicates discussion via minutes to staff
- BSN required, Master's Degree in Nursing or health related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of progressive nursing leadership experience demonstrating solid management abilities.
- EHR, Microsoft Excel, Windows & Outlook experience strongly preferred
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.