Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Patient Care Associate
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
At the Mount Sinai Health System, patient care takes many forms. Our support services team members are responsible for creating a safe and welcoming environment for our patients so they can focus on what truly matters - healing. Every day brings new challenges—and each day offers the opportunity to improve the lives of patients and families in every community we serve.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Strength Through Diversity. Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
What You’ll Do:
- Functions as a member of a patient focused multidisciplinary care team providing a full range of services to patients in an assigned area (Inpatient units, Emergency Department, Surgical Services, ICU)
- Participates in the patients admission and orientation to the unit, obtain and record data.
- Responsible for assisting patients with changing; securing of valuables; review of unit rules and regulations and providing orientation to room and unit.
- Assists with preparation and updating of the nursing care plan, interdisciplinary treatment team plan and assists with therapeutic interventions in order to implement the plans as established.
- Performs selected direct care duties including therapeutic intervention, taking of vital signs and other health related data, specimen collection, personal hygiene, activities of daily living, perform procedures/treatments, EKG’s, finger sticks and participation in house-wide ambulation and shower program as directed.
- Ability to organize the activities of multiple patients. Ability to function, communicate and collaborate in a team approach.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Certificate/Course(s), 1-2 years current experience as a PCA/CNA preferred, Phlebotomy, Finger stick and EKG skills, Computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients and families.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.