Mount Sinai Careers
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Downtown Beth Israel – Gastroenterology – Requisition – 74839
Job Title: Fellowship Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordination of the department’s fellowship program(s).
- Responds to requests for information regarding the fellowship program(s).
- Maintains all fellowship records both past and present.
- Provides administrative support to the department by answering all telephone calls, answering messages promptly and courteously, record accurately all information about incoming consult requests, assist with routing consults to residents and fellows, record all information, maintain a consult log book, maintain files of all consultation reports, preparing and processing various department correspondence, copying, faxing, and other clerical duties as required.
- Organizes patient charts and other materials as needed by department.
- Provides research assistance for the department.
- Assists in preparation of presentation slides and other materials.
- Serves as liaison between Fellowship Director(s) and Fellows.
- Organizes and distributes the fellow’s rotation and education schedule.
- Represents the department and collaborates with GME.
- Schedules and cancels appointments.
- Electronically and manually sends out patient statements to Medicare or other third party payors, etc.
- Monitors/tracks and reconciles payments.
- Follows up on outstanding insurance claims.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Manages inventory of supplies.
- Maintains payroll sheets.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate with knowledge of statistical programs databases, and word processing skills.
- Knowledge of professional billing.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasks environment a must.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.