The Laboratory Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the oversight of the clinical laboratory QA program, proficiency testing, continuing education, occurrence reporting and inspection/accreditation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Proficiency Testing (College of American Pathologists and State of New York) Place yearly order to the State and CAP. Distribute surveys to the departments. Review surveys and submit for signature post grading by Director. Obtain exceptions reports for review and signature by Medical Director. File all surveys in the appropriate binders.
- Continuing Education Subscribe to teleconference or on-line conference as available. Coordinate OSHA In-service. Subscribe and Distribute “Check Sample” and “Tech Sample” to all departments.
- Inspection and Accreditation - Review and update policy and procedure manuals as needed. Review and sign policy and procedure manuals yearly. Coordinate the CAP Self-Inspection with Departments. Assist Administrative Manager with the inspection applications. Obtain copy of Reference Laboratory licenses annually or upon expiration.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement - Follow-up on all Occurrence reports for the Department of Clinical Laboratories. Update Quarterly and Yearly summary of Occurrence Reports. Discuss all performance indicators with Medical Director and Department Director yearly. Retain monthly performance improvement indicators for all departments. Complete year end summary of performance indicators. Subscribe to the Q-Track and Q-Probe packages as appropriate. Distribute Q-Track and Q-Probe following up on submission and review. Obtain copy of Reference Laboratory licenses annually or upon expiration.
- Performs other duties a required.
BS in Medical Technology or related field required
3-5 years laboratory experience required
3 years of supervisory and/or management experience preferred
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
Clinical Laboratory Technologist license required
Microsoft Office - Beginner
General Skills and Competencies:
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.