Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- Information Technology Req# 74861
Job Title: Associate IT Director
- Oversees the entire Core Enterprise Infrastructure Technology (CEIT) staff
- Ensures that the technology is up and running at all times
- Responsible for enterprise core services as defined by the Director of Distributed Architecture and the design and implementing of any new enterprise class distributed services to meet business requirements as needed
- Assesses the new planning, products, and methods
- Participates in the development of appropriate support methodologies and maintenance procedures
- Participates in the development of processes and procedures for all enterprise class distributed technology
- Posses the ability to effectively communicate with team members, peers, vendors, and customers verbally and in written form is critical
- Establishes and enforces (CEIT) service levels agreements in consultation with other departmental managers and end users to establish service expectations and timeframes
- Analyzes performance of (CEIT) activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future issues
- Plans and conducts performance appraisals of (CEIT) staff, administer disciplinary action, raises, bonuses, and promotions when necessary
- Prepares budget proposals and operational expenditure statements
- Collaborates with other departments to identify and/or procure (CEIT) software / hardware for internal staff and/or external clients
- Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of (CEIT) procurement and development efforts
- Liaises with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues
- Manages the processing of incoming requests to the (CEIT) via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution
- Designs and enforces request handling and escalation policies and procedures
- Tracks and analyzes trends in (CEIT) requests and generate statistical reports
- Assesses need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations
- Identifies, recommends, develops, and implements end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency
- Oversees development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users
- Oversees the development, implementation, and administration of (CEIT) standard procedures and policies
- Designs new processes and procedures to increase the first call resolution to identified applications and operating systems
- Trains, coaches, and mentors (CEIT) and other junior staff
- Maintains solid relationship, management, and performance management skills
- Posses a strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Posses exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Posses exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Posses strong documentation skills
- Able to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Able to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Remains exceptional customer service orientation
- Remains experiences working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Adheres to Continuum’s legal and ethical standards
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team. Must have detailed experience in DHCP, DNS, Proxy, Active Directory, Exchange and Internet Access.
- Must have demonstrated examples of providing Root Cause Analysis. Understanding and support of systems utilizing 802.X technology.
- Experience in supporting multiple handheld platforms, including PDAs and laptops.
- Must have demonstrated experience in Clustering.
- Demonstrated experience in Security technologies, including AntiVirus/Malware protection, forensic tools, and other state of the art methodologies.
- Proven success in implementing and maintaining an Asset Management program for a large enterprise.
- Maintain expertise in the area of IT enterprise services, Enterprise & Data Security, Large scale Desktop asset control methodologies.
- Assure that IT physical planning principles and standards are applied and perform related work as required.
- Experience with IT physical infrastructure environments, Data Center hardware platforms and complex infrastructure environments.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.