Mount Sinai Careers
Patient Care Associate - Psychiatry Float - Part Time Evening
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
At the Mount Sinai Health System, patient care takes many forms. Our support services team members are responsible for creating a safe and welcoming environment for our patients so they can focus on what truly matters - healing. Every day brings new challenges—and each day offers the opportunity to improve the lives of patients and families in every community we serve.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team providing a full range of services to patients admitted to the inpatient psychiatry service
- Participates in the patients admission and orientation to the inpatient unit
- Responsible for assisting patients with changing; searching of patients; securing of valuables; review of unit rules and regulations and providing orientation to room and unit
- Assists with preparation and updating of the Nursing Care Plan and Interdisciplinary Treatment Team Plan and assists with therapeutic interventions in order to implement the plans as established
- Performs selected direct care duties including therapeutic intervention, taking of vital signs and other health related data (i.e., height, weight, etc.), simple dressing changes, sputum, blood and urine collection, urine testing, personal hygiene (i.e., feeding, bathing, shaving, dressing, etc.), and EKG’s
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a mental health related field; or Associates Degree with 2 years experience working with the mentally ill thereby ensuring experience in the areas of counseling, group and family dynamics, psychopathology, etc.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize the activities of multiple patients. Mature, responsible, non-judgmental individual with a demonstrated interest in working with the mentally ill. Ability to function in a team approach.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.