Mount Sinai Careers
Registered Ultrasound Technician - Part-time - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks.
- Performs Ultrasound imaging procedures.
- Assists, prepares and positions patients as required to perform Ultrasound procedures.
- Applies the necessary technical judgment to obtain studies of an acceptable diagnostic quality according to written protocols and the patients’ needs.
- Provides patient education relevant to specific imaging procedures by informing the patient of the nature of the procedure, the area to be imaged and any specific instructions the patient may need.
- Prepares and examines all patients, verifying their identity for ultrasound examinations in accordance with established departmental procedures and techniques, which includes obtaining health status and medical history, patient’s cooperation or ability to tolerate the examination.
- Explains the exam and instructions to the patient and other health care providers, answering questions that are unrelated to specific diagnostic, treatment and/or prognosis.
- Confirms that the ultrasound examination correlates with patient clinical history and presentation. Inform physician in charge of any contraindications to the procedure.
- Operates ultrasound equipment in order to capture images that describe the composition, shape and motion of tissues and organs.
What You’ll Bring:
- Graduate of an accredited program in Diagnostic Ultrasound.
- Minimum 1 year of full time experience as in Ultrasound.