Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
7406 - 515 W 59TH STREET- REQ #74914
Job Title: Door Attendant
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitors and screens the movement of people entering and exiting Real Estate buildings to assure the safety and security of the tenants and the building
- Assumes post on the main lobby and takes charge of elevators
- Takes possession of keys and alarm activator at the beginning of the shift
- Carries out duties in a quiet and cautious manner; helps all tenants and visitors as much as possible
- Keeps constant watch on the movement of the elevators; checks and scrutinizes transients and stranger.
- Permits entry only if tenant identifies guest(s) in lobby or leaves names of expected visitor(s)
- Wears burglary alarm and elevator keys at all times. Passes alarm and keys to next shift attendant at the end of shift
- Assists tenants with bundles, baby carriages and other encumbrances as they enter and leave building
- Stops elevator with the proper key if stranger(s) gain(s) access to elevator; immediately calls police department (911) and activates burglary alarm
- Assists patients visiting the Doctor’s office with courteous directions and help
- Directs traffic to the commercial spaces designated for the building
- Checks all fire doors from time to time and ensures they are properly closed
- Cleans the main floor area daily, including moldings, floors, paneling, rugs, furniture, etc. Constantly checks and spot clean the elevator as many times as necessary
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, speak English clearly
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.