Mount Sinai Careers
CD Counselor II - Inpatient Detox - Full Time/Days
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Provides primary counseling for caseload: this includes individual, group and family intervention as needed
- Develops and implements individual treatment plans for assigned patients
- Implements or modifies discharge planning
- Communicates with referral sources, insurance companies and managed care companies
- Documents patient progress verbally with staff and written in medical chart or as needed
- Participates in staff meetings, supervision and rounds
- Prepares and delivers lectures on chemical dependency
- Participates in crisis intervention
- Facilitates psychiatric evaluations and/or referrals
- Participates in any activity as directed by the Evaluation Supervisor
- Conducts assessment/evaluations as directed
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned are
- Uses communication techniques which are age appropriate
- Provides care for patients based on age-specific needs
- Modifies approaches based on patient age-specific needs and responses to treatment
- Identifies physical, behavioral and emotional characteristics typical for the age group
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
- Participates in the development of other staff members
- Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
- Identifies learning strengths and needs
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others
- Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
- Adheres to Continuum’s legal and ethical standards
- May be required to perform other duties as assignedItems 1-22 are essential functions of this position under the Americans with Disabilities ActContinuum Health Partners is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that is strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences
- Bachelor’ Degree with CASAC.
- Master’s Degree with CASAC,
- MHC (Mental Health Counselor) with permit or LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor).
- Minimum of two years previous paid substance abuse counseling experience is required.
- For MHC or LMHC, internships in Behavioral Health.
- Must have good interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- CASAC or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)