Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Radiologic Technologist - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Per Diem Radiologic Technologist - Mount Sinai St. Luke's - 75022
- Performs radiographic examinations on patients referred by physicians in accordance with Radiology protocols
- Performs routine radiographic procedures on patients following departmental protocols; including assignments to interventional procedures, operating room, cystoscopy and portables as needed
- Assists, prepares and positions patients as required to perform radiological procedures
- Evaluates radiographs for technical acceptability
- Employs radiation protection measures and follows departmental protocols to keep exposure of patients and hospital personnel to a minimum
- Demonstrates evidence of collimation on all images
- Demonstrates radiographically visible evidence of shielding in all instances where appropriate, especially pediatrics
- Performs preparation of parental contrast media and accessories required to assist the physician in performing procedures
- Maintains x-ray equipment in good working condition and cleanliness, reports all equipment problems to supervisor
- Processes radiographs or images and loads automated film handling equipment as required to complete the exam
- Supervises Radiology technology students
- Maintains supplies and accessories in radiographic room necessary to safely perform duties
- Leaves x-ray room in a orderly fashion (ready for the next patient)
- Obtains/utilizes supplies necessary to meet job standards
- Schedules exams into DECRAD (Radiology Information System) as required
- Performs quality control tasks on film developing equipment (sensitometry); records pertinent data as required
- Accurately records all required patient tracking into IDX
- High School graduate or equivalent education.
- Graduate from an accredited program in Radiologic technology.
- New York State license in Diagnostic Radiology, ARRT certification.