Mount Sinai Careers
Supervisor Social Work - 3310 - Develop Disability Center General - Full Time Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of DEVELOP DISABILITY CENTER GENERAL (MSSL) - Req Number: 75039
Job Title: Supervisor Social Work
- 1. Directs appropriate intervention and action of social workers and discharge planners in order to expedite discharge of potential and actual "ALC" patients in order to decrease length of stay, maximizing revenue
- 2. Prepares all facets of guardianship cases, which includes consultation with providers, compiling all pertinent patient/family/financial and psychosocial information for preparation of legal documents; consultation with attorneys; strategizing and executing appropriate and safe discharge plan; expert testimony in court; interfaces with court evaluators, potential guardians and family members
- 3. Reviews and compiles pertinent medical/discharge planning information to prepare appeals to IPRO in order to ensure billing and receipt of payment to hospital on ALC home care cases
- 4. Provides clinical and administrative expertise as social worker-on-call to ensure smooth functioning of clinical/administrative activities during non-business hours; guiding appropriate action in crisis and complex situations.
- EDUCATION REQUIRED Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education
- EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED Minimum of 6 years of satisfactory experience in social work practice in a recognized social or health agency. Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience of Masters Degree Social Workers and Social Work Students. Exception to number of years of total experience would be years of experience in varying settings, with diverse populations and providing unique or exceptional services in a hospital Social Work Department or social service agency in the community. Ability to demonstrate and communicate principles of social work practice. Ability to establish sound working relationships. Capable of self direction with discriminating use of consultation. Capable of taking initiative and to be appropriately flexible.
- LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED New York State Certification (LCSW) from the Department of Education, Licensed Clinical Social Worker