Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Reviews schedule and assigns work to the building staff. Assigns work to maximizing quality/quantity of completed work.
- Reviews completed work assignments. Ensures that quality standards are met.
- Completes weekly staff schedule reports.
- Performs repairs in all trades, including but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, masonary, tiling, painting, glazing.
- Responds to assignments in order by the date and time received unless otherwise instructed.
- Provides timely explanations when unavaoidable delays are encountered.
- Responds promptly to Real Estate department’s phone calls and pages.
- Keeps supervisor advised of activities and problems or potential problems.
- Maintains contact with building’s contracted cleaners to apprise them of any emergency cleaning problems or notifies supervisor.
- Monitors staff in maintenance of equipment to ensure efficient, safe and proper operations.
- Ensures that staff maintains equipment in good working condition and keeps equipment clean.
- Ensures adequate inventory and usage of supplies.
- Responsible for the accurate inventory of supplies.
- Orders new equipment / supplies as required from approved vendors within established guidelines.
- Ensures that equipment / supplies are utilized in an efficient manner.
- Ensures that records of completed jobs and relevant paperwork are forwarded to the department of Real estate as directed.
- 3-5 years building maintenance experience in a residential or commercial building required. Knowledge of
- building systems such as electric, plumbing, carpentry, locksmith, and Con edison steam for heat and hot water.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn. Able to recognize, establish and attend to priorities. Ability to utilize
- time effectively through careful coordination of daily tasks. Able to adjust well to changes in scheduling.
- must have knowledge of boiler system, cooling tower and chiller system