Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager Patient Care Services Full-Time Days
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- REQ # 75059
Job Title: Manager of Patient Care Services
The manager has 24 hour accountability for clinical care and fiscal productivity for a designated patient care service area. The manager is responsible for assessing, identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating the processes, technology, personnel, & facility needs required to achieve patient outcomes safely and cost effectively in a patient centered environment. The manager is a member of the Patient Care Service Leadership Team and collaborates with & guides the interdisciplinary team members in achieving patient outcomes. This role nourishes the motivation & commitments essential to achieving BIHCS mission, goals, standards, policies in a patient centered model of care delivery system.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Assesses data to determine the process, technology, personnel and facility needed to deliver care in a designated patient care area.
- Formulates objective, measurable goals consistent with the Hospitals’ mission, vision and patient care principles.
- Interviews, hires/terminates, disciplines, rewards and evaluates patient care staff. Conducts care team performance evaluations and facilitates peer evaluation.
- Analyzes patient length of stay compared to established benchmarks. Modifies delivery system as indicated.
- Monitors selection and use of unit supplies, technology, equipment.
- Assures that the ability of assigned patient care provider is congruent with patient/family health care needs.
- Facilitates & promotes staff participation in research activities appropriate to specialty area as available.
- Assures staff development by providing learning opportunities within and outside the organization. Participates in the planning and evaluation of educational programs to meet unit needs and to promote staff development. Develops, implements, and evaluates the unit-based orientation program for new employees.
- Bachelors in Nursing and Masters preferred.
- Current NY State Registered Nurse License & Registration
- Five years clinical experience including progressive management experience/success
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Effective organization skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to problem solve using critical thinking.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.