Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Performs and reports assigned analytical tests, including high complexity tests on biological specimens, in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner in compliance with documented laboratory procedures.
2. Determines acceptability of specimens by performing visual inspections or by recognizing abnormal/unusual results. Documents unacceptable specimens according to appropriate policy. Communicates specimen requirements to appropriate personnel.
3. Maintains QA policies and procedures to ensure validity of results. Recognizes factors that affect measurements and results and takes appropriate action according to predetermined protocols. Performs quality control for all testing and meets established ranges before patient results are released.
4. Maintains a safe and efficient working environment by performing equipment checks, cleaning work area, and monitoring temperatures in accordance with regulatory agencies and hospital policies. Recognizes and troubleshoots malfunctions
- NYSDOH Licensure.
- Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology or related
- Experience in Blood Banking preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.