Mount Sinai Careers
Social Worker - 9045 - Social Work - Full time Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Social
Work (MSW) - Req Number: 75116
Job Title: Social Worker
- Perform psychosocial assessment of high risk patients
- Work with interdisciplinary team in the in-patient med/surg area
- Provide individual and family education and counseling
- Set up, coordinate, participate or lead patient and family meetings if needed
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
- Assist in risk stratification and transition of care
- NYS Certified Social Worker