Mount Sinai Careers
Unit Support Associate - Part Time - Evenings
Unit Support Associate – Part Time – Evenings
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System
Department of Emergency Nursing - 75148
Job Title: Unit Support Associate
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Admitting Responsibilities such as obtaining and confirming, necessary signatures on required forms, assembles medical records and obtains old medical records, secures patient valuable, notifies MD, nurses and other staff of information as indicated, obtains ID band and places on patient, and obtains & verifies face sheet data
- Conducts tests, treatments, procedures such as transcribing physician orders, orders special equipment, schedules intra-hospital tests, procedures, appropriate transportation and equipment needed for transportation, and assists with transportation as required (Cardiac Catheterization Lab Only)
- Orders and maintains appropriate clerical stock and supplies
- Responsible for pneumatic tube stations, receiving & sending specimens, medications, etc., and keeping tubes stocked
- Acts as a receptionist
- Meets/greets patient/family/visitor in pleasant manner
- Orients patient/family to floor/hospital
- Answers telephones/intercoms
- Follow-up on general needs of patient and family
- Coordinates patient admissions, discharges and transfers with all team members
- Maintains computer systems in patient care areas
- Sorts reports/notices/orders
- Communicates discharges and transfers with support service departments
- Schedules post discharge appointments and transportation (i.e., PACC, private offices & diagnostic tests)
- Notification of bed holds for nursing home patients
- Prepares birth/death certificates with demographic information
- Coordinates notary public assistance for patients
- Maintains notation of patient’s location on and off the floor
- Reviews OR and test schedules, changes for patients & communicates with appropriate caregiver
- Communicates with MD/RN regarding emergency situations/STAT lab reports
- Appropriately utilizes supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner
- Records and maintains minutes of unit meetings & other care/service area data
- Sends and receives faxes
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Basic computer skills required, including understanding of fax operation
- Ability to type 35 words per minute or more
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects with or without reasonable accomodation
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.