Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- RADIOLOGY DIAGNOSTIC REQ #75213
Job Title: ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATOR
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Manages expenditures for personnel, supplies and capital equipment
· Develops and implements new ambulatory and departmental programs
· Analyzes all operational and financial reports - maintains departmental
· Ensures departmental adherence to medical center policies and procedures
· Maintains and enhances medical staff and public relations
· Coordinates and implements the marketing and development strategy for the practice
· Maximizes quality and timely data input for billing as well as self pay collections
· Supervises spending and authorizes necessary expenditures within the annual budget plan
· Identifies, oversees and resolves problems relating to practice systems
· Understands and responds to issues regarding infrastructure of information systems
· Oversees in conjunction with the Chairman and the AVP for Ambulatory Care; the recruiting, hiring, terminating, evaluating, scheduling and counseling of all nursing, physician and clerical staff in the Department
· Assures adequate staffing and coverage of administrative and clinical areas
· Represents the department at appropriate meetings throughout Continuum Health Partners
· Collaborates with the Departmental Chairman on issues relating to GME - Administration of Teaching Program
· Develops, implements and monitors an effective Quality Improvement Program, assuring compliance with rules and laws related to patient care
· Develops and implements programs for assessing clinical outcomes in conjunction with the Departmental Chairman
· Monitors and improves patient satisfaction
· Prepares annual report in conjunction with Departmental Chairman
· Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
· Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information
· Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
C. Educational/Professional Development
· Participates in the development of other staff members
· Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
· Identifies learning strengths and needs
· Utilizes learning resources
· Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others
· Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
· Delegates regularly and effectively to promote the development of staff
· Conducts informal discussions succinctly and directly
· Responsible for formal presentations are expressive, organized and well projected
· Responsible for written communications are organized logically, readable and grammatically correct, accurate complete and concise
· Adheres to Continuum’s legal and ethical standards
· May be required to perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum three to five years administrative/management experience in an ambulatory health care facility or equivalent setting. Prior experience of surgical specialty in an ambulatory care center preferred. Demonstrated experience in planning, budgeting, forecasting and monitoring. Thorough knowledge of healthcare issues and regulations, hospital and physician billing and computer systems. Positive track record for working with physicians and administrative staff. Strong communication skills (verbal and written) required to interact with physicians and staff within and outside the facility.
- AART CERTIFCATION REQUIRED
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.