Mount Sinai Careers
Associate Director – IT Finance
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- REQ # 75254
Associate Director - IT Finance
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee all IT related activities, under the direction of the IT Director in accordance with the guidelines set by the department and best practices, including evaluating design, development and coordination of projects.
- Provide technical support and consultation on the installation, configuration, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software, hardware and peripherals devices, providing accurate reports with recommendations for improvements.
- Communicate with internal and external clients regularly to clearly communicate technical concepts, procedures to non-technical users.
- Define and communicate project milestones, or scope of work, and resource allocation.
- Supervise, hires, trains, and evaluates assigned staff. Works with employees to correct deficiencies, recommends and implements corrective action and discipline, as well as professional development. Manage staff, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and performance.
- Assist with the development of long and short term goals for the department, which align with organizational goals.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of hardware and software, under the area of responsibility.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of financial and administrative reports, analyzes and interprets statistics, financial data, and management planning data for predicting resource needs and developing long range plans.
- Performs other related duties
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or related field.
- 10 years in the information technology field or its equivalent.
- Model financial scenarios for IT projects to inform SR IT Leadership of statuses.
- Partner with the Finance on a quarterly basis to report project level performance and cash flow impact.
- Analyze data by project and report out explanations for significant variances.
- Collaborate with internal IT project owners to provide monthly forecasts, track actual spending, and explain significant variances to budget for all projects.
- Coordinate ad-hoc analyses as appropriate.
- Lead the allocation of capital across fiscal entities.
- Develop executive reporting to transparently measure, monitor, and analyze capital efficiency.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve capital efficiency which impacts business results.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.